WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Enterprise Elderly Rescued by Young Neighbor

An elderly Enterprise couple credits a young neighbor with saving their lives.

Shane Godby was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after going into a burning house to get Jack and Pearl Alberson out.

Eighty-year-old Jack Alberson, and his 75-year-old wife, Pearl, credit their lives to a young neighbor. Over the weekend, an electrical-short caused a fire at their Enterprise home.

The couple was asleep; 21-year-old Shane Godby saw the smoke and flames from across the street.

The couple thought Shane was trying to rob them. That's when Shane was forced to kick-in the front door to get them out. Mr. Alberson is undergoing cancer treatment and has limited mobility with a walker.

The elderly couple's daughter says it's a miracle that Shane saw what was happening and sprang into action

The Albersons said words can not adequately describe their thanks to Shane.

Jack and Pearl Alberson are living with their son in Daleville. The family will decide later whether to re-build the home.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2585496 - wtvy.com/a?a=2585496