Kitchen Fire Damages Enterprise Apartment

An Enterprise woman credits a neighbor with saving her apartment and possibly the entire complex.

Shallatta Wilkerson was frying chicken on the stove when she visited a friend downstairs on Tuesday night.

Wilkerson says she was out for just a few minutes when someone started yelling the apartment was on fire.

Within seconds, a neighbor came running in with a fire extinguisher and put out the flames.

Wilkerson knows the neighbor only as Gerald, but says he kept the fire from spreading.

The fire was confined to mainly the kitchen.

Wilkerson says she is without renter's insurance and is in the process of determining the loss.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25830414 - wtvy.com/a?a=25830414
Gray Television, Inc.