Prosecutor: Missing Florida Girl May Have Been Killed

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Prosecutors in Florida say the case of a missing 2-year-old Orlando girl is beginning to look like a homicide.

A judge set bond at $500,000 Tuesday for the girl's mother, who was charged with obstructing the investigation after investigators say she lied to them.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland says he's concerned that evidence presented in court possibly implicates 22-year-old Casey Anthony in 2-year-old Caylee's death. An investigator testified that Anthony's car smelled of decomposition when it was found.

Anthony was arrested last week after reporting her daughter missing. The girl hasn't been seen since last month.

Anthony's attorney says there is circumstantial evidence of a possible homicide, but not enough to give prosecutors the confidence to charge Anthony with homicide, kidnapping or any similar offense.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 25772734 - wtvy.com/a?a=25772734
Gray Television, Inc.