Fatal Fire

An elderly Dothan man died in a fire Monday night apparently while trying to save his home. The fire was reported around 10 p.m.

Witnesses told police 71-year-old Connie Jackson was trying to refuel a kerosene heater while the unit was still burning and some of the fuel ignited.

Other people in the home escaped to safety, but authorities said Jackson called the fire department and then apparently tried to put out the fire himself.

His body was found in an upstairs bedroom. Houston County's Coroner said Jackson probably died of smoke inhalation.

WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 253036 - wtvy.com/a?a=253036
Gray Television, Inc.