WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Fatal Dale County Fire

By: Deborah Tuff
By: Deborah Tuff

An early morning fire leaves an elderly man dead. Eighty-two-year-old Charles Pamaroe died in fire that investigators believe started in the living room.

Around 1 a.m. Friday morning, Echo, Yule, and Choctawatchee volunteer fire departments arrived at Pamaroe's home on County Road 36, which was engulfed in flames.

By the time the fire had been extinguished, Pomoroe was dead.

"Many fires are started in the home by the individual and his age could indicate that an accident occurred that he couldn't get away from, but at this point we're still investigating," says Dale Co. Investigator Tim Byrd.

Pamaroe's body has been sent to Montgomery for an autopsy.

Preliminary reports suggest he might have died from smoke inhalation.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2295226 - wtvy.com/a?a=2295226