WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Child's Response to Fire Saves Lives

A three-year-old child is responsible for saving his family after a fire started in his home.

Dothan firefighters got the call around 5:45 Monday afternoon. When they arrived at the house on East Selma Street, they found it engulfed in flames.

The child noticed the fire and woke up his parents in time to get the family to safety. One of the adults suffered minor burns. Battalion Chief Eddie Munn said an overloaded extension cord caused the fire to start.

The Dothan Fire Department plans to recognize the youngster for his bravery at a later date.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 217126 - wtvy.com/a?a=217126