A gas leak on Haisten Drive in Dothan pulled emergency responders to the scene.
A resident was installing a fence early Thursday morning on Haisten Drive, off Fortner Street, when they struck a gas line.
The three-quarter inch gas line began to release gas and the fire department quarantined the area for a few minutes before the Southeast Alabama Gas District was able to put a stop ahead of the leak.
According to fire department officials, there was no immediate danger to residents in the area but three houses were evacuated.
Both the police and fire departments responded to the natural gas leak.
Part of Haisten Drive was blocked to traffic for a while for safety.