When a North Carolina restaurant owner was finished with his dough, he went to the bank. And that led to some anxious moments for the bank workers.
After the man deposited $2,000 at a bank in Greensboro, the bills were placed in a bill-counting machine. That kicked up a cloud of white powder. Several of the six employees in the building developed breathing problems. The bank was evacuated.
The call to 911 had firefighters and medics responding to a "weapon of mass destruction" incident.
But, on further review, officials have determined the powder wasn't anything hazardous. It appears to have been baking flour from the restaurant.
A bank spokesman says it might seem like an overreaction, but in the post 9-11 world, it's better to be safe than sorry.
|Get the ingredients you need to cook with Rach all week long.|
|Full length exclusive concerts from hot artists.|
|Take a break!
Classic Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids and more.
Sell almost anything locally.