WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Wendy's Finger

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Health officials in California say a woman who was eating a bowl of Wendy's chili bit into an unwelcome ingredient, a piece of a human finger.

They say the fingertip was about an inch and a-half long, and contained part of a manicured nail.

A county health official in San Jose says the woman immediately spit it out, and became sick.

Investigators have seized all of the ingredients at the restaurant, and they're trying to trace them back to the manufacturer.

They think the finger got into the chili at an earlier stage. They also say it was cooked at a high-enough temperature to kill any viruses.

Wendy's says it's cooperating in the investigation.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1398857 - wtvy.com/a?a=1398857