CARROLLTON, Ga. (AP) -- Carroll County authorities are investigating after a 6-year-old girl overdosed on adult prescription medications she found in an empty trailer at her mobile home community.
Authorities say the girl ingested some of the sleeping, heart, cholesterol and anti-anxiety medications she and a friend brought into a plastic playhouse.
The girl, whose name was not released, was flown to an Atlanta hospital.
Authorities say she is recovering and likely will be released this week.
The Division of Family and Children's Services is investigating the incident to determine if the child should return home.