Ga. Girl Overdoses on Prescription Medication

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press
A six-year-old overdosed on prescription meds.

FILE - In this Dec. 12, 2007 file photo, Tylenol drugs are shown in the drug department at Costco in Mountain View, Calif. During a two-day meeting that started Monday June 29, 2009, the FDA is asking more than 35 experts what additional steps can be taken to reduce accidental overdose with the over-the-counter and prescription pain relievers.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma, File)

CARROLLTON, Ga. (AP) -- Carroll County authorities are investigating after a 6-year-old girl overdosed on adult prescription medications she found in an empty trailer at her mobile home community.

Authorities say the girl ingested some of the sleeping, heart, cholesterol and anti-anxiety medications she and a friend brought into a plastic playhouse. The girl, whose name was not released, was flown to an Atlanta hospital.

Authorities say she is recovering and likely will be released this week. The Division of Family and Children's Services is investigating the incident to determine if the child should return home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160187365 - wtvy.com/a?a=160187365