ATLANTA (AP) -- State Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens is reminding Georgians to use caution during holiday cooking and when heating up leftovers.
Hudgens says Georgia has already recorded 15 fatalities in 2013 that were related to cooking, and that many house fires are typically linked to stoves that have been accidentally left on.
Hudgens is reminding Georgians to always set a timer when cooking, and to immediately cover a pan with a lid if it catches fire and turn off the burner.
Hudgens says fighting a grease fire with water may make a fire worse, and Georgians should wear tight-fitting sleeves when cooking. He says loose sleeves could inadvertently touch a burner and ignite.
Hudgens is also reminding Georgians to install an adequate number of smoke alarms.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.