Area Severe Weather Storm Reports from Sunday, May 6th, 2012
Source: Storm Prediction Center
Note: This list may be incomplete.
• Standing Rock (Chambers County) - Hail
• Autaugaville (Autauga County) – Quarter-sized hail just west of Autaugaville along Highway 14.
• Carlowville (Dallas County) – Quarter-sized hail briefly covered the ground.
• Hamilton Crossroads (Pike County) – Hail
• Goshen (Pike County) – Hail
• 4 Miles Northeast of Fort Rucker (Dale County) – Hail up to 1.5 inches near Logan Road
• Headland (Henry County) – Quarter-sized hail
• 2 Miles West/Northwest of Haleyville (Marion County) – Hail
• 6 Miles West/Northwest of Hueytown (Jefferson County) – Quarter-sized hail at Hillview Drive in Rock Creek
• Oakman (Walker County) – Hail
• 5 East/Southeast of Comer (Barbour County) – A few trees were blown down along County Road 79 near Comer
• 2 Miles South/Southwest of Ward Bridge (Dale County) – Tree down along County Road 59, north of County Road 36
• 1 Mile East of Coffeeville (Clarke County) – Thunderstorm winds pushed large tree on house. Extensive damage.
• 3 Miles north of Enterprise (Coffee County) – Tree down on a power line at the 300 block of Valley Stream Drive
• Haleyville (Winston County) – Winds estimated at or just greater than 60 mph for about one minute. Power lines down throughout the city, roads closed due to that. Severe damage to a home on 15th Avenue.
• Oakman (Walker County) – Several trees blown down.
• 3 Miles west of Berry (Fayette County) – Tree reported blown down along Highway 18 east.
• 8 Miles North/Northeast of Jacksonville International Airport (Nassau County) – Public reported trees down and a trampoline blown on a fence in the Timbercreek area of Yulee.
• Vernon (Washington County) – Trees and power lines down.
• 4 Miles West/Southwest of Quincy Airport (Gadsden County) – Complete blockage westbound between markers 177 and 178 along I-10 due to a downed tree; power lines down along highway 90. Numerous other reports of trees down in Gadsden County.
• 1 Mile West/Southwest of Maclay State Garden (Leon County) – Tree down near 100 Maclay road
• 6 Miles north of Tallahassee (Leon County) – Tree down near intersection of Meridian and Maclay roads.
• Near Tallahassee (Leon County) – Trees down on Old Bainbridge and Valley Farm road; Power line down near Meadowlark Lane
• 4 Miles South/Southeast of Smithville (Lee County) – Quarter-sized hail near Winn Dixie
• Albany (Dougherty County) – Hail
• 3 Miles East-Northeast of Meigs (Mitchell County) – Quarter-size hail 1 mile west of Mitchell/Colquitt County line along Highway 11
• Meigs (Thomas County) – Hail up to 1 inch reported near Meigs
• 5 miles northeast of Ford Gaines (Clay County) – Tree down on Cotton Hill Road
• Cuthbert (Randolph County) – 2 power lines down in city; 2 trees down 1 mile west/southwest of town also—on Highway 82 west and 1 down on County Road 266
• Bainbridge (Decatur County) – Trees down countywide
• Albany (Doughtery County) – Tree blocking Whispering Pines Road; report of 8 trees down around the city
• Colquitt (Miller County) – Tree down on Highway 91
|Get the ingredients you need to cook with Rach all week long.|
|Full length exclusive concerts from hot artists.|
|Take a break!
Classic Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids and more.
Sell almost anything locally.