WTVY  | Georgia  | News, Weather, Sports

Fumes at Atlanta church send members to hospital

Firefighters were summoned to New Supreme Church of God in
Christ on Sunday where several people were taken to two area
hospitals after inhaling fumes.

Their injuries were not considered to be serious.

Atlanta Fire and Rescue spokesman Bobby Stewart said tests
confirmed that carbon monoxide leaked from a heating pipe.

He said firefighters were able to clear the church of the potentially
deadly fumes.

Church officials were unavailable for comment.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37818279