House fire kills south Georgia woman

WHIGHAM, Ga. (AP) - Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John Oxendine's office says a south Georgia woman died Wednesday in a kitchen fire in her home.

Oxendine spokesman Glenn Allen says the woman, 68-year-old Jean
L. Harris, died of burns and smoke inhalation as a result of the
fire at her home in Whigham in Grady County.

Allen says the woman had been cooking and attempted to put out a
grease fire on her stove.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 27843749 - wtvy.com/a?a=27843749