- Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is reaching out to leaders of the state's Latino community to learn more about unaccompanied minors from Central American nations who are in Georgia, and to share concerns and seek solutions.
- Farmers are thanking Mother Nature as they begin harvesting corn.
The harvest got off to a wet start, but once things started drying up many farmers turned on their irrigation systems.
- Atlanta's mayor says undocumented immigrant children caught crossing the U.S. border are welcome in his city. Mayor Kasim Reed says caring for the children is the moral and right thing to do.
- Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap was added to Team USA's roster for the training camp that opens Monday in Las Vegas. Millsap averaged 17.9 points last season for Atlanta and was selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star team.
- The Storm Prediction Center has outlined a risk of severe thunderstorms for Monday afternoon across parts of Southern Alabama and Georgia, as well as a portion of the Florida panhandle.