Posted: 7:07 AM
- Crayon manufacturer Crayola is building a family attraction in Florida, similar to the one it operates in its home state of Pennsylvania, and more could be on the way around the country if the new one does well.
Updated: 7:00 AM
- WJHG in JACKSON COUNTY-- Florida is known as the lightning capital of the United States. Lightning strikes in Jackson County Monday night helped prove that true. One of the lightning bolts hit a vehicle traveling on 1-10 in Grand Ridge.
- The Storm Prediction Center has outlined a risk of severe thunderstorms for Monday afternoon across parts of Southern Alabama and Georgia, as well as a portion of the Florida panhandle.
- Chipley, Fla. -- The Washington County Drug Task Force, consisting of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Chipley Police Department and federal agencies, reports an arrest as a result of the execution of a search warrant at 1397 Garrett Road in Washington County.
- MIAMI (AP) -- Federal health officials say nearly 1 million Floridians who bought insurance under the Affordable Care Act will receive roughly $42 million in refunds thanks to a provision in the law.