WTVY  | Florida  | News, Weather, Sports

Candle Sparks Fire at Fla. Vet's Home

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A Jacksonville family who had no electricity was forced out of their home after it caught fire from a candle they were using to light the house.

The fire started in a bedroom Friday night, filling the house with smoke.

The Florida Times-Union reports 65-year-old Thomas Setzer was sitting in the living room when he smelled smoke.

His daughter saw flames and the family scrambled outside. No one was injured, but the bedroom was damaged. Setzer is in a wheelchair.

Setzer said his wife, three children and two dogs were living in the dark after their power was cut Friday.

Setzer said it could have been Tuesday until they had power.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 154844665 - wtvy.com/a?a=154844665