Elderly Woman Dies After Clothes Catch on Fire

MIDDLEBURG, Fla. (AP) - An elderly woman from north Florida died
after her clothes were ignited by fire from an open flame in her kitchen.

Authorities say 79-year-old Marie C. Weber called 911 Sunday
afternoon saying she was on fire.

Firefighters and deputies arrived to find the home on fire and the caller still inside. Firefighters forced the front door open and rescued her.

She suffered serious burns over most of her body and died after
being flown to the burn unit at a Gainesville hospital.

The fire was extinguished in the kitchen. The cause was being
investigated.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 41350027 - wtvy.com/a?a=41350027