Man Burned in Fire on Christmas Day Has Died

By: WJHG-TV
By: WJHG-TV

A Bay County man, badly burned in a Christmas Day fire, has died.

Forty-four-year old Robert VanBemen, died Wednesday afternoon at the University of South Alabama Burn Center in Mobile.

VanBemen suffered third degree burns from the waist-up, when his home in the 1500 block of Texas Avenue, in Lynn Haven, caught fire.

His house did not have electricity, so VanBemen was using candles for heat and light.

His mother told WJHG, he'd been out of work for over a year, but had recently found a job, working construction for the new Wal-Mart in Lynn Haven.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37644639 - wtvy.com/a?a=37644639