GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The parents of a Florida boy who died after a series of medical errors that began with a massive drug overdose are scheduled to speak at a state Board of Pharmacy meeting in Gainesville.
Horst and Luisa Ferrero are expected to address the board Tuesday afternoon. The meeting comes about two months after the board issued a $1,000 fine to the pharmacist who incorrectly filled 3-year-old Sebastian Ferrero's prescription.
Edna Irizarry was also ordered to attend an eight-hour pharmacy course and pay about $2,460 in investigation costs.
Sebastian Ferrero died at a Shands hospital in Gainesville, two days after a routine test was supposed to help doctors determine why the boy's growth was below average.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.