Medication Error

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida couple is expected to speak at a state board of pharmacy meeting in Gainesville, after their son died from a series of medical errors that began with a massive drug overdose.

Horst and Luisa Ferrero are expected to address the board Tuesday afternoon.

The meeting comes about two months after the board issued a $1,000 fine to the pharmacist who incorrectly filled three-year-old Sebastian Ferrero's prescription.

Edna Irizarry was also ordered to attend an eight-hour pharmacy course and pay about $2,460 in investigation costs.

Sebastian Ferrero died at a Shands hospital in Gainesville, two days after a routine test was supposed to help doctors determine why the boy's growth was below average.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 30934919 - wtvy.com/a?a=30934919