- An Okaloosa County Sheriff's Deputy who found a teenager standing outside a burning home at 3 Eglin Street around 11:30 last night said the teen told him he had called 9-1-1 and that he had a friend still inside.
- Pensacola, FL- The back to school sales tax holiday—part of the $500 million in tax and fee cuts passed this session-is this weekend, beginning on August 1 and ending on August 3.
- Crayon manufacturer Crayola is building a family attraction in Florida, similar to the one it operates in its home state of Pennsylvania, and more could be on the way around the country if the new one does well.
- WJHG in JACKSON COUNTY-- Florida is known as the lightning capital of the United States. Lightning strikes in Jackson County Monday night helped prove that true. One of the lightning bolts hit a vehicle traveling on 1-10 in Grand Ridge.
- The Storm Prediction Center has outlined a risk of severe thunderstorms for Monday afternoon across parts of Southern Alabama and Georgia, as well as a portion of the Florida panhandle.
- Chipley, Fla. -- The Washington County Drug Task Force, consisting of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Chipley Police Department and federal agencies, reports an arrest as a result of the execution of a search warrant at 1397 Garrett Road in Washington County.