Witnesses Recount Monday Night's Fatal Shooting

By: Vanessa Araiza Email
By: Vanessa Araiza Email

News 4 first told you about this Monday night on News 4 at Ten.

Arsenault reportedly left the scene of an accident went speeding on Ross Clark Circle before crashing in a median and giving some customers and employees at a restaurant a first-hand look.

"As soon as we heard the crash I look at my phone and my mom had sent me a text message and she was like where are you, are you ok and right then we heard the gunshots go off and we hit the ground," said Lindsay Walker, a witness to the crash.

Walker was with friends Monday night at Friday’s.

Little did she know her seat outside would turn into a front row show.

"We were sitting on the patio eating and we heard a bunch of cop cars coming by and we turned around to see what was going on and we heard a big crash and there must have been about 30 cop cars," said Walker.

Walker wasn't the only witness to the numerous vehicles

Demingus was finishing up work at Captain D's when the incident happened.

He says he knew by the quietness on the circle, something was out of the ordinary.

"It was real silent out there for one thing and I was like, something has to be going on, because for there to be 20 police cars and it was real quiet outside. It was like, you could hear a pin drop," said Demingus.

Demingus says he didn't hear the shootings but the bullets may have been closer than he thought after receiving a visit from a deputy.

"He was like, did you all hear any gunshots and I am like no, and he was looking at the building and he was saying they should have came over this way so he was trying to see did the building get shot with any shots or anything but I didn't see anything," said Demingus.

The circle may be back to normal but the memories remain for Walker.

As a friend of Arsenalts ex-wife she says it's a tough time right now for the family.

"I know that she has told the children, they're um, it's a difficult time," said Walker.

Houston County Sheriff's Department officials are not releasing the injured deputy's name at the time.

A lieutenant did however say that he is doing well and resting at home.

The Alabama Bureau of Investigation has taken over the case.

Once they are finished with their findings it will be handed back to the Houston County Sheriff's Office.

Officials say a press conference will he held shortly after.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123857069 - wtvy.com/a?a=123857069
Gray Television, Inc.