December 6, 2013
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The judge overseeing the trial of a Florida
mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter has denied a
defense request to have the case against Casey Anthony thrown out.
Judge Belvin Perry denied the motion for a summary acquittal
Wednesday after prosecutors finished presenting their case.
Anthony's attorneys are expected to call their first witness Thursday morning.
Jurors were in court briefly Wednesday morning, but were sent back to their hotel after the state rested.
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Prosecutors have finished presenting their
case against Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
The prosecution rested Wednesday after 19 days of testimony.
The defense is expected to begin with its case Thursday.
Anthony's parents said she disappeared with her daughter in June
They recovered Anthony's car from a towing company and said
it smelled like a dead body.
When they found Anthony after she'd been missing a month, she told them a nanny kidnapped Caylee.
Detectives said Anthony told them multiple lies about her daughter's whereabouts.
The girl's remains were found months later in woods near her grandparents' home.
Investigators say she had been suffocated by duct tape wrapped around her head.
Anthony's attorneys say Caylee accidentally drowned and that
Anthony's father helped her dump the body.
He denies that.