Ozark Man Charged with Attempted Murder

Ozark, AL - The Ozark Police Department is investigating a weekend stabbing.

Saturday night, Reginald Rogers was at a party on Hull Street when he got into an altercation with Marvin Burnette.

Investigators say, Burnette then cut Rogers on the side of the neck barely missing the corotid artery, which could have been fatal.

Police arrested Burnette Sunday morning, and charged him with attempted murder.

Ozark Police Department Captain Tim Hicks says, “He was treated and released. The big thing is that it missed the vital artery. If it had hit the artery we probably would be working a homicide. So luckily, that did not happen.”

At this time, it’s still unclear of the reason for the altercation.
The investigation continues.

• by sonda on Aug 30, 2011 at 08:48 PM
    i dont wanna make this a debate. the same way i hurt marvins family does too. i agree that this started off as a fight with two other people prior to this. i dont know about threats on fb. but what i am saying is two familys affected over somebody elses mess.
  • by Cetoria Rodgers on Aug 25, 2011 at 05:59 AM
    This is my Brother Marvin that everyone wants to talk about and I have no problem showing my name...First of all there was a fight but it didn't involve my brother and second there are many witnesses and the TRUTH is gonna come out...My Brother has never been in trouble with the law or anything and he comes from a very respectable family..until they go to court the threats need to stop on facebook. Let the courts handle it..
  • by sonda Location: ozark on Aug 24, 2011 at 03:02 PM
    annonymous, u have been misinformed. two different incidents. the night my son was cut there were no fights or guns. witnesses were there were you? the night some guys were fighting was a few weeks ago and the suspect and his friends came with a gun and someone took the gun from them. this night they say my son was minding his business when this guy and another started watchn him, words were said and this guy cut him and ran. dont u know if someone got a gun and another one just cut him he would have shot the guy. so i need to add slandering my sons name,bc u r lying.
  • by Jerald Location: Wiregrass on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    One pulled a gun on the other ? Why no police report? Going after another at another place to protect your life hours/days after the purported gun incident is not "self protection", it is more in line with retribution.
  • by phil on Aug 24, 2011 at 06:58 AM
    It's the carotid artery
  • by annonymous on Aug 22, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    Your son started it! People should be walking around jumping on people for no reason. And yes, it is sad to see young men throwing their lives away due to ignorance. I would have done anything to protect my own life if he pulled a gun on me too.
  • by annonymous on Aug 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM
  • by sonda Location: medley on Aug 22, 2011 at 04:48 PM
    the victim reginald rogers is my son. my belief on why this happened is bc a couple of weeks ago the same suspect and a one or two more guys fought my sons friend and that they wanted to get even with whoever they saw out of the crew of young men that hang together. i personally feel that there are too many young men throwing thier lifes away over ignorance, this didnt have to happen.i almost lost my son to the grave and now his mother is losing him to the system. no one wins. its funny how the young men brag about representing the streets instead of working and haveing goals in life.
      by sonda on Aug 24, 2011 at 02:48 PM in reply to sonda
      annonymous, u evidentally wasnt there. no one said anything about a gun, so what gun are u talking about first of all. strange how nobody realize what was going on until they notice my son was cut. if u know the streets u would know that if my son had a gun he would have shot the boy that cut him right then. i would have. i know everyone has thier own opinions and u just sharing yours, but every person i talked to either didnt notice he had been cut or say they saw the boy look like he was going to punch my son but the whole time he was cuttn him. that night wasnt the night anyone fought, u going off he say she say.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128215103 - wtvy.com/a?a=128215103