Missing Person Case...Now Murder

On May 7, 2011, 21 year old Apolinar "Poli" Perez went missing around 3:00 pm and was last seen in the area of U.S. Highway 431 and County Road 119 north of Abbeville.

Law enforcement officials from the Henry County Sheriff's Office/Abbeville Police Task Force, Headland Police Department, the Alabama Bureau of Investigations and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have worked tirelessly since then to locate the Mr. Perez and as of Friday, May 13 the search for him as a missing person has been called off.

The Task Force and the FBI now have reason to suspect foul play in the disappearance of Perez and the focus of the investigation is being shifted to a capital murder investigation.

Currently, the Task Force, ABI and FBI are following many leads and the case is still under active investigation.

The Henry County Sheriff's Office and Abbeville Police Department send out their thoughts and prayers to the family of "Poli" Perez during this time and will be working aggressively to bring justice and closure to this case and to locate "Poli".

The Task Force would also like to thank all of the agencies that have been assisting in the search and investigation.

If anyone has any information regarding the disappearance of Apolinar "Poli" Perez, please contact the Henry County Sheriff's Office, Abbeville Police Department or the local FBI office.

• by jessica Location: dothan on May 26, 2011 at 08:02 PM
    hey my name is jessica ia m sorry i hope yall will find him i live
  • by kristina Location: tampa on May 20, 2011 at 07:22 AM
    poli was a great kid i went to school with him for awhile up until i had moved out of abbeville but from wat i do remember poli was a really nice and sweet person he always had a smile and was a well respected peron!! i have my deepest thoughts a prayers out for his family!!! i hope u return soon and safe!!!
  • by kathy Location: hartford on May 17, 2011 at 07:49 PM
    Maby I am just stupit , there must be a reason why it is not a missing persons case no more , and is up grated to a murder case..how else could you say murder case , if you dont have reasons to suspect it ??? I hope and pray this young man will be found ( alife), we keeping poli and his family in our prayers ... Until police tells us anything else that is all we can do .. gzzz what is this world comming to ????
  • by Gina Location: Dothan on May 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM
    I know there is a reason it is now a murder investigation but I keep hoping and praying he is somehow okay. If not,I hope the person or persons responsible pay the ultimate price for harming him. You will never meet a nicer more respectful young man. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
  • by Shannika Location: Abbeville on May 16, 2011 at 09:52 PM
    I'm keeping poli and his family in my prayers! And hoping and praying for a safe return.! I've known poli since I was 4 or 5. Him and his mom and dad and sis use to be my neighbors growing up, plus when I made it to 6th grade, me and poli were in the abbeville high school band together. He was such a sweet guy, always had me laughing or smiling. Idk who would even think or want to hurt him. We all love you poli, and we havnt gave up hope yet <3
  • by Chelsea Location: Dothan on May 16, 2011 at 08:53 PM
    Poli was a great guy and a good friend of mine i met him threw a mutal friend and from the first day we kicked it off he made me laugh when i had a problem i could talk to him and vice versa. He was a hard working young man with a good head on his shoulders very respectful and loving and would always be there no matter what if u needed him i dont understand who would ever do this to him but i just pray that he is still safe and the bring him home i will never think the worst till i know the truth.. We all love him and miss him and are waiting for his safe return home..
  • by Jasper Location: Bonifay on May 16, 2011 at 08:33 PM
    So you don't have a body, but you say you are looking for Perez,not a body. So you're not sure he's even dead ? Did someone confess to murder then, is the reason you say murder ?
  • by sophia Location: headland al on May 16, 2011 at 08:08 PM
    My prayers truly go out to his family for strength and courage in these times. I pray that that god reigns on them and that the people who done this are brought to justice because poli didnt deserve it!!...To the family be strong and my heart goes out to you!!
  • by Angie Location: Dothan on May 16, 2011 at 03:00 PM
    Please pray for his family. He was a very nice young man and my family has known him since he was 12 or 13. He was always very sweet and courteous and did not deserve this. May God bless and console his friends and family in this terrible time of sadness and uncertainty.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121944304 - wtvy.com/a?a=121944304