Former Dothan, Ala. Police Officer Arrested in Ga.

DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) - Police in Forest Park, Ga. say a former Dothan police officer fired from his job last year for using excessive force has been arrested on a charge of impersonating a police officer.

Police say David Darby was arrested near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and say he used a Dothan police badge and claimed to be a Dothan police officer.

He was being held without bond at the Clayton County Jail.

Forest Park police confirmed the arrest, but said a department spokesman was not available to provide details.

Darby was fired on March 19, 2010 and appealed his dismissal.

Circuit Judge Butch Binford ruled in the city's favor last week.

The firing stemmed from two traffic stops recorded by Darby's
in-car camera.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

• by ray Location: ny on Apr 8, 2011 at 04:46 PM
    this is a real case of impersonating a law enforcement officer;; not the case in smyrna of the Marta employee accused of impersonating a police officer.
  • by CONCERNED INDIVIDUAL Location: DALE COUNTY on Apr 5, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    SANDRA. YOU KNOW I WAS THINKING THE SAME WAY. WHY DID NOT THE POLICE CHIEF TAKE HIS BADGE AFTER DISMISSAL "AINT THAT WHAT SUPPOSE TO BE THE RULE"? HE SHOULD HAD NEVER BEEN ALLOW TO KEEP HIS BADGE. WAS IT A GIFT TO HIM?. THIS REALLY REQUIRES AN INVESTIGATION. YEAH RIGHT!!!. ABI, WHERE ARE YOU?????
  • by C Location: Ala on Apr 5, 2011 at 06:03 AM
    I did many years in prison for a crime I never committed...In the end I well never be the same because of it...While in prison there was a cop there on the compound he dident have it to good...there are worse things than being locked up unjustly and he found out about all of them...I could have stepped in and stoped some of it but no one stepped in to help me from the police to help me...even when a couple of them found out the truth. He needs all the time the law can give him and then some In reguler population
  • by Sandra on Apr 4, 2011 at 07:43 PM
    They should have never let him keep his badge after being dismissed. That's the problem they think because they have a badge rules don't apply to them.
  • by Sandra on Apr 4, 2011 at 07:42 PM
  • by CONCERNED INDIVIDUAL Location: DALE COUNTY. on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    YOU KNOW. I AM GLAD THAT THIS PIECE OF TRASH IS IN CUSTODY AND HOPE THEY PUT HIS BEHIND IN JAIL FOR A WHILE AND HE WILL TASTE HIS OWN MEDECINE. PUT HIS BEHIND IN PRISION AND SEE WHAT ABUSE IS. FO THOSE BAD COPS OUT THERE, PLEASE DO NOT EVER THINK THAT YOUR TIME WILL NOT COME IF YOU ARE BAD AND UNFAIR TO PEOPLE. GOD IS GREAT! I ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT "WHAT GOES AROUND WILL COME AROUND". THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR YOU GUYS OUT THERE. BE GOOD AND FAIR AND I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WILL BE ALRIGHT!. YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT. BUT IF YOU THINK YOU OWN THE STREETS YOU ARE WRONG. YOUR TIME WILL COME.
  • by snowman on Apr 4, 2011 at 08:53 AM
    Well I guess he soon found out that a Dothan Al badge ant worth what its made of in GA.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119184699 - wtvy.com/a?a=119184699