Enterprise Man Allegedly Stabs 10 Year Old Girl Several Times in Neck

By: Vanessa Araiza Email
By: Vanessa Araiza Email

Some Warren Road residents in Enterprise say their streets are usually filled with children playing not police cars and certainly not news of an attempted murder.

“As a parent myself you know it is difficult dealing with children but it's a job that you have to do and it has to get done,” said Enterprise Police Sergeant Chris Peterson.

Peterson says just before 6 o'clock Wednesday morning a call was placed by the Coffee County Department of Human Resources about a case at a home on Warren Road.

“They were coming out here to do the welfare of the children at this residence and when we arrived the suspect exited the house covered in blood and that's when we initiated our investigation,” said Peterson.

One neighbor says the suspect, 44-year-old Henry Thompkins came out of the house and said, "I killed her."

Authorities say they found a 10-year-old girl with multiple stab wounds to the neck.

Police say Thompkins is a live-in boyfriend of the victim's mother.

He was at the home with two other children at the time.

“People was not getting along down there so I figured they were having a domestic disturbance or something like that or not getting along," said neighbor, Barth Williams.

Williams lives two houses down and says just a few days ago he heard arguing.

“Put it like this you could hear it from my house and I knew it was disturbing the neighborhood,” said Williams.

Authorities say this isn't the first time DHR has come to the home.

However, neighbors say they hope it's the last time they hear about a tragic incident.

The other two children in the home at the time were not injured.

They are now in protective custody.

Police say they are not certain if the mother will face charges.

• by Anonymous on Sep 17, 2011 at 07:22 AM
    Can anyone on this forum give me an update on this little girls condition, as of today Sept. 16, 2011 I have tried to find out as much as I can but it seems there is nothing new. I would like to send her a gift whenever she is able to go shopping to help her try to put this terrible event deep into her mind and hopefully remember she is a little girl again. I want to say to the people of this Enterprise county DONOT let the district attorney and othe law people just slap this monster on the hand, just think it could have been your child or one of your family members. If anyone has an update on her condition please e-mail me at bossdogg@bellsouth.net
  • by Jesus saves Location: Slocomb on Sep 4, 2011 at 03:29 PM
    If u have never been in this situation u honestly can't say wat u will & won't do bc for some its harder to get out then wat u may think further more its not your place or anyones place to judge this mother...ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE :)
      by concerned on Sep 4, 2011 at 08:47 PM in reply to Jesus saves
      you are exactly right. They say the most dangerous time is when you try to leave the situation. Unless you ever are in this situation you don't know how it is. Things like this never start off bad, it gradually grows into this. I tried to leave several times. He would have killed me I know it. So I ended up leaving when he least expected it and without even a change of clothes. There are organizations that will help you do this. But I would have never have left my children alone with him.
  • by Renea Kenneth Flowers Location: Enterprise on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    This is just absolutely sad:(. My mother lives only 3 streets over from Warren Rd. To think this poor little girl was probably getting up to get dressed for school. It makes me sick to my stomach... And the mom had to know he was violent.. Why would she dare leave them kids there with that psycho...In my eyes Ii think she is as much to blame as him!! She chose a freaking psycho over her own kids!! SAD !! I have prayed for this little girl ever since I heard about this. Thank God that DHR stepped in at just the right time. If not this little girl would of bled to death. Thank You God & Please everyone just keep praying for her. My kids went to school with her. And this isn't the first abuse case at all. I believe they should give him a death sentence & I believe the mom should also be charged!!
      by annalissa on Sep 4, 2011 at 01:39 PM in reply to Renea Kenneth Flowers
      THANK YOU!! My thoughts exactly!! The ones defending the mother are probably her family and God only knows what all goes on if they think her being with this man and having in her home are acceptable....Sounds like someone is not too intelligent.
  • by annalissa Location: geneva on Sep 2, 2011 at 07:21 AM
    The man that did this to the child is a known drug dealer, and has numerous accounts with the law. There has been other serious problems inflicted on both the mother and the children before. My question is why did the mother have the children in a situation like this anyway? She has known him and been in and out of a relationship with him for years. He already tried to kill her once before. So, I have to say I blame the mother for this as well! She chose her need for a man over the safety of her children. She should receive punishment for this also, and her children should never be returned to her. She obviously has no common sense, no respect for her children, and must be either a very weak person, or just as sorry as he is. May God Bless these children.
      by My2Cents on Sep 2, 2011 at 07:53 PM in reply to annalissa
      Yes this man is a monster and should have never did such a thing to this child. As for the mother, she probably was in a relationship and was scared/threatened if she got out. I know her personally and I do know she loves her children.
        by SOMEONE THAT CARES on Sep 3, 2011 at 08:45 PM in reply to My2Cents
        YOU ARE SO RIGHT,MY2CENTS!!THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS..EVERYONE CAN VOICE THEIR OPINIONS BUT NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW UNTIL THEY ARE PUT IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION......
          by annalissa on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM in reply to SOMEONE THAT CARES
          Oh so you would live with a man who already has tried to kill you and have your children in the home with him? And take one child to the dr. because you think he's molesting her and then turn around and leave the other child with him!!??You're stupid too.
          by annalissa on Sep 4, 2011 at 01:42 PM in reply to SOMEONE THAT CARES
          EXCUSE ME! BUT SOME OF US HAVE MORE SENSE THAN TO LET OURSELVES BE IN THAT KIND OF SITUATION! THE MOTHER PUT ALL OF THEIR LIVES IN JEOPARDY! SHE SHOULD HANG, TOO!!!
      by you CAN get out on Sep 4, 2011 at 09:05 AM in reply to annalissa
      House of Ruth (334) 793-5214. Wonderful people/organization, they helped me get out with my 3 children. Anyone out there who needs help please call them. It is possible.
  • by Me Location: Dothan on Sep 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    I've been carrying a headache every since I've come to know of this tragic event. Praying around the clock for these innocent babies. Thanks to the officers & DHR who was on top of things & was there in time to intervene. Now, to the MONSTER who did this, I'll say again, I hope the highest penalty is served (in this case)! This is a selfish act of violence! Good thing I won't be part of the jury b/c I would probably yawn @ the defense & be anxious to deliberate.
      by AlabamaWifey on Sep 2, 2011 at 07:46 PM in reply to Me
      Well said....
        by Me on Sep 4, 2011 at 03:52 PM in reply to AlabamaWifey
        Thx.
  • by CYNTHIA Location: ENTERPRISE on Sep 1, 2011 at 07:13 AM
    THIS IS A TRAGIC THING THAT HAS HAPPENED. I PRAY FOR THE LITTLE GIRL. I PRAY THAT THE GOOD LORD ABOVE HAS MERCY UPON HER SOUL!!!!! I PRAY THAT THE LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF THE DEVIL THAT DID THIS TO HER!!!!
  • by kathy Location: enterprise on Sep 1, 2011 at 04:17 AM
    All i can do is shake my head .. prayers , loves hugs and kisses to the little girl ,,, I sure hope she will pull thru all this :(
  • by Braxton Location: Eufaula on Sep 1, 2011 at 03:28 AM
    Domestic violence it appears to be on the rise everywhere. It is up 16% in Eufaula. This is really sad. God bless this child.
  • by concerned neighbor Location: enterprise on Sep 1, 2011 at 01:58 AM
    Praying for this precious angel may GOD be with the doctors and nurses in the surgery room and LORD guide their steps and let this baby come out of this tragedy.This is really an eye opener for all of us its very important for us as parents to watch who we bring around our babies.LORD be with her mom also it has got to be devastating watching her baby go through this.GOD send YOUR angels to watch over this baby girl YOU are the RULER of ALL things LET YOUR WILL NOT OURS BE DONE!
      by annalissa on Sep 2, 2011 at 02:43 PM in reply to concerned neighbor
      To the concerned neighbor, the mother is to blame also! WHAT KIND OF MOTHER ALLOWS HER CHILDREN TO BE ANWHERE AROUND A SICK, WARPED, DRUG DEALING< DRUG ADDICT ANYWAY!? HE HAS ALREADY TRIED TO KILL HER IN THE PAST! IF SHE'S THAT STUPID, SHE DOESN'T DESERVE HER CHILDREN BACK! ITS OBVIOUS SHE PUTS HER NEEDS FOR A MAN BEFORE THE WELFARE OF HER CHILDREN!! I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR THE MOTHER! WHAT THE HELL DID SHE EXPECT!!!??? SHE SHOULD SERVE TIME TOO! AND IF SHE THOUGHT HE WAS ABUSING THE 2YEAR OLD, WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE THINKING LEAVING THE 10 YEAR OLD WITH HIM? IS SHE SICK IN THE HEAD? MAYBE SHE IS ONE OF THOSE MOTHERS WHO LET THE MAN HAVE SEX WITH HER KIDS!! SOMETHING DEFINATLEY NOT RIGHT WITH THE "MOTHER" IF YOU CAN CALL HER THAT, TOO!!
        by connie on Sep 2, 2011 at 09:39 PM in reply to annalissa
        You seem to know his women very well. As you said for over a year anyway. What this man did was very wrong and I hope and pray the little girl is ok. The man will get what is coming to him and so will the mother in a court of law. My question to you is you seem to know alot about this family you saw all the danger signs why didn`t you step up and get her help.
          by SOMEONE THAT CARE on Sep 3, 2011 at 08:49 PM in reply to connie
          THANK U CONNIE!! BUT SHE HAS SO MUCH TO SAY........
          by Renea Kenneth Flowers on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM in reply to connie
          Wow Connie you made such a good point!! If someone knows why wouldn't they come forward. If I knew a child was being abused and did NOTHING about I'd feel guilty.. But this is NOT even abuse this is ATTEMPTED MURDER. I hope the ones who knew & did NOTHING .. Can go lay your head on a pillow & have a good night's sleep. !! CAUSE IF YOU CAN THEN U HAVE NO FREAKING CONSIENCE !!!
          by annalissa on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM in reply to connie
          excuse me but I have lived in Geneva for years, I know all about him. That should be enough, she shouldn't have endangered her kids by staying with him. He has a rap sheet a mile long! Just got out of prison! DUH!!
        by Renea Kenneth Flowers on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM in reply to annalissa
        I don't think I could EVER agree with anyone more annalissa ... She's just as sick as he is !! Like you said if she was such a "concerned mother" { if u wanna call her that } to her 2 year old. Why in the HELL would she leave her other three!! OMG some poeple!! No sympathy here... Your children should ALWAYS COME FIRST !!
  • by Jennifer Location: Slocomb on Aug 31, 2011 at 08:30 PM
    All I can say is that I am lifting this little girl up in prayers. I pray that God saves her and heals her. I pray that the man who did this to her pays drammatically. He obviously knew what he was doing, and should be punished. I only hope she can heal, and someday be able to put this tragic event behind her. I doubt she will forget, but if she can grow up and be safe and happy, then God has proven his love yet again. My prayers go out to the friends and family of this innocent little girl as well.
      by SOMEONE THAT CARE on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:00 PM in reply to Jennifer
      THANK YOU,JENNIFER!
        by annalissa on Sep 5, 2011 at 04:52 AM in reply to SOMEONE THAT CARE
        TO "SOMEONE WHO CARE", WHERE WERE YOU AT IF YOU CARE SO MUCH??!! YOU SEEM TO KNOW THEM SO GOOD, WHERE WERE YOU AT????!!!!!
  • Page:
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128846723 - wtvy.com/a?a=128846723