128 Dogs Found in Uhaul Truck

By: CNN
By: CNN

Two women in Tennessee face animal cruelty charges after they were stopped with 128 dogs in a Uhaul truck.

Police say the dogs were crammed three or four to a crate.

Officials say it's likely the animals hadn't been walked or fed in days.

One of the dogs died. The rest are being looked after by animal rescue groups.

The women say they were driving from California to Virginia.

• by Mary Location: Michigan on Jan 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    When states start getting serious about laws regarding PUPPY MILLS and BACKYARD breeding, this type of cruely will have it's consequences.
  • by Discussted Location: alabama on Jan 18, 2012 at 05:39 AM
    they should suffer the same fate...I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how people can hurt a poor defensless animal..God put those animals here for us to treat HUMAINE!!!
      by I. Arlyin on Jan 19, 2012 at 05:59 PM in reply to Discussted
      It says that man has dominion over the beast. So anyway he sees fit to treat them is up to him. God put animals on earth to be work beast, companions, food. Animals have no souls. So if they died they are just gone. How eles are you going to move your animals from one state to another ? It's strange to me how people react to stuff like this. You can kill your animal and it's a crime, but the vet can kill a animal and it's fine and dandy, how is one death wrong and one is right ? The animal don't have any say at all. So it is true, however man wants to treat an animal is up to him.
        by pete on Jan 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM in reply to I. Arlyin
        you wouldnt like it if you were in there place would idiot
        by Susie on Jan 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM in reply to I. Arlyin
        You are one twisted, sick girl. I have known and loved animals that have MORE soul than a lot of human beings I know. And you have just put yourself in that category. You disgust me. When vets put animals to sleep..it is called loving your animal so much that you want to do the HUMANE thing and stop their suffering. Unfortunately, that is illegal to do the same for a human that is suffering. If a person can be cruel and unfeeling towards an animal, then that person can be the same way towards their own kind. They have no conscience or compassion and I seriously doubt that they have the capability to love. I will pray for you...you need it badly.
          by I Arlyin on Jan 21, 2012 at 08:46 PM in reply to Susie
          Shelters put animals to sleep when they are not injured in any way. They keep animals 2 weeks when no one adopts them they are put to sleep. Is that loving ? You can blab, blab all you want but the truth is there are not enough people in the U.S.A. that can adopt all the dogs and cats that are out there. By the way I'm not a girl, Susie. Didn't say animals had no feelings, they have no souls. Any way yall proved my case about how people react. Yall had more reaction about these poor animals than the case about the abortion clinic that was burned down. No one cares about unborn murdered babies. But they really care about animals. This country is in crisis, and every body has their priorities all wrong.
        by Cynthia on Jan 21, 2012 at 08:35 AM in reply to I. Arlyin
        If animals have no feelings and no soul, explain to me why my cat stayed by my side constantly after I lost my Mother. She is and always has been a very independent cat but it was like she knew I needed her and I didn't need to be alone. I believe she knew that I was kind of a basket case because I lost my Daddy,Mother and sister in a matter of five months. After a while she became her old independent self again. As for putting animals to sleep,that is usually a last resort when you know they are in pain and there is nothing left to do and no medication left that can ease their pain. That's called loving an animal no matter how much it hurts you to lose them.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137552498 - wtvy.com/a?a=137552498