We have scheduled a Low Income Home Energy Assitance Program, LIHEAP, mass sign-up to ensure that all available funds are expended. Each sign-up will be held from 9am to 3pm on the scheduled date.
Barbour - Clayton National Guard Armory - August 27, September 17
Coffee - Enterprise Recreation Center - August 23, September 3
Coffee- Elba Recreation Center - August 20, September 4
Geneva - Geneva County Farm Center - August 22, Wiregrass Electric – September 16
Henry- Headland High School Auditorium, August 26, September 9
Houston - Westgate Recreation Center- August 19, September 5
If you have received assistance since June 1, 2013 will not be eligible for assistance.
Applicants must bring copies of the following documentation to be assisted.
• Proof of income for all household members. Anyone living in the household that is age 18 or older, is not a full time student and has zero income must get a notarized verification of zero income form filled out.
• Social Security cards for everyone in the household
• Picture ID of person applying for assistance
• An up to date heating bill. The bill must be in the name of the head of household or spouse of head of household.
• If you live in public housing, you will need to bring a copy of your lease agreement. The lease must show your utility allowance.
• If there are any children in the household that are not your biological children, you must show proof of custody.
• If your bill is past due and you are applying for Crisis LIHEAP assistance, you will also need to bring proof of a health related energy crisis. (Examples: signed Physicians statement, child under the age of 5 or an elderly person over the age of 60 living in the household.)