Stephanie Rhodes watched as her house burned down to the ground.
Rhodes said, “I don't know what happened or how it blew up that fast and caught on fire that fast, but it was on fire.”
Stephanie was inside when she heard something on this side of the house go 'pop'. That's when everything went up in smoke.
Rhodes dialed 9-1-1 and fire departments arrived on the scene quickly.
But good news didn't follow.
Headland Fire Department Captain Tony Wilkerson said, “By the time we opened the door the conditions had already deteriorated to the point where there was nothing we could do.”
Officials think it could have been an electrical fire that started it all.
But for now, they're just calling it a total loss.
Captain Wilkerson said, “There's nothing left there, the interior walls are burned.”
Rhodes say the fire took everything she has, except what really matters.
Rhodes said, “My kids and myself are still alive and we're all together.”
Thankful they can all start over together.