MOBILE, Ala. (AP) -- Mobile Mayor Sam Jones says federal support in the aftermath of two tornadoes that struck the city within the same week might be tough to come by.
Al.com reports that Jones made the comments to Mobile's city council on Wednesday.
The city on Thursday will submit its request, including a damage assessment, to the Mobile County Emergency Management Agency, which will in turn submit it to the state.
It will be up to Gov. Robert Bentley's office to determine if the request should be forwarded to the Federal Emergency Management Agency for consideration.
Jones said that as of last week, state officials did not think Mobile met FEMA's threshold for assistance.
------Information from: Press-Register, http://www.al.com/press-register/
Designed by Gray Digital Media