Man Injured in Decatur House Fire

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

DECATUR, Ala. (AP) -- A man suffered injuries from smoke inhalation during a house fire in southwest Decatur.

Reports say that his family was watching TV when they smelled smoke Sunday afternoon.

He said he opened the garage door and saw flames. He tried getting a fire extinguisher to fight the blaze, but the flames were out of control. He inhaled heavy smoke inside the home.

Firefighters from three engine companies and one ladder truck put out the blaze. Fire officials said it appears to have started in a laundry room.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 175233451 - wtvy.com/a?a=175233451
Gray Television, Inc.