Three fire departments assist with a fully-engulfed house fire in Hartford.
Hartford, Geneva, and Slocomb firefighters battled the blaze around 4 o'clock Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses say the homeowner was burning trash in the backyard when high winds caused the flames to spread to the home.
Fire officials say the home was at a total loss when they arrived to the scene.
“We set up a defensive tactic all we would do is protecting exposures close to the structure and that's all we could do. There was no way to make any type of entry,” said Hartford Fire Chief Andy Hovey.
Chief Hovey also advises you to keep a close eye on space heaters with an open flame and double check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.