An early morning fire almost destroys a Dothan home.
Around 8 a.m. Monday morning, Dothan firefighters were dispatched to Lakeview Drive.
A neighbor spotted heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.
Battalion Chief Chris Ethredge says luckily they got the fire under control pretty quickly but there was an extensive amount of damage to the home.
Investigators say it was an accidental kitchen fire.
"The American Red Cross is en-route to help this family and to help get them started back on their feet. It's a very difficult time starting back to school and having small children. It's never easy to have a fire but this makes it even worse,” Ethredge said.
To help with the American Red Cross fire relief efforts you can call (334) 792-9852.