When streets are damaged by severe weather, Dothan’s Public Works Department follows a priority list to ensure that debris is removed from roadways and traffic lights are repaired in a timely manner. The list, which gives top priority to streets that carry the largest traffic volume, is as follows:
Street Division Priorities
• Clearing debris from roadways and storm drains to open up State and Federal Routes (U.S. 84, U.S. 231, U.S. 431, etc) as needed to assist ALDOT personnel
• Clearing debris from roadways and storm drains to open major city thoroughfares (Westgate Pkwy, Denton Rd, Park Ave, Selma St, etc)
• Clearing debris from roadways and storm drains to open all minor subdivision streets
Traffic Engineering Division Priorities
• Barricading flooded and damaged areas on State and Federal Routes and repairing traffic signal equipment on these routes
• Barricading flooded and damaged areas on major city thoroughfares and repairing traffic signal equipment and signage on these routes
• Barricading damaged areas and repairing signage on minor subdivision streets
Following a storm, citizens are encouraged to use caution when driving, and never drive through flooded roadways. Downed power lines should also be avoided and reported by calling 911. As always, we appreciate your patience and understanding during storm restoration efforts.
|Get the ingredients you need to cook with Rach all week long.|
|Full length exclusive concerts from hot artists.|
|Take a break!
Classic Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids and more.
Sell almost anything locally.