Dothan City Commission to Vote on Streetscape Resolution

By: Alli Mechanic Email
By: Alli Mechanic Email

Oates Street in Dothan may be getting a make-over without costing residents a penny.

On Tuesday, the Dothan City Commission will vote to pass a streetscape resolution.

The goal is to bring updates to the 200 and 300 hundred block of Oates of Street. If passed, construction workers will replace concrete sidewalks with brick pavers and add drainage pipes. The new construction will also mean upgrades to American Disability Act (ADA) standards.

The project will cost a total of $354,767. The federal government will cover 80 percent of the price, $283,814 and the other 20 percent, $70,953 would be covered by state fuel taxes.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 232435471 -
Gray Television, Inc.