Dog Leads Owner to Safety After Sniffing Gas Leak

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

An alert guide dog may have saved her owner's life after sniffing out a gas leak.

The Daily Home reports Nancy Jones says she was folding clothes when Pooh brought her leash to her owner. After the poodle's leash was on, Pooh aggressively pulled Jones out the front door.

As she was being led out, she noticed the smell of natural gas.

Jones, who is almost blind, got the service dog from the Pilot Dog Program based out of Columbus, Ohio. Jones says when she smelled the gas, she thought to turn it off, but didn't know where to find the knob because of her visual impairment.

Jones says she plans to reward her brave canine with extra treats, new bows for her ears and "a lot of love."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163825296 - wtvy.com/a?a=163825296