Dothan, AL – The City of Dothan has offically launched its new website at www.dothan.org! The new site reflects the personality of the City of Dothan while incorporating a number of new and improved tools designed to help residents and visitors quickly locate the information and services they need.
The homepage is easy to navigate and provides easy access to municipal government and departmental information as well as press releases and event calendars. The new search feature directs people to specific information while interactive online forms allow citizens to complete City business without ever leaving home.
One of the most exciting new features of the website is My Connections. To register for this feature, which is located in the gold bar at the top of every page, residents can either create an account or use their existing Facebook account. Once logged-in, the following features are available for users to personalize their website experience and customize the information they want to receive:
• My Dashboard: This feature allows you to gather the information that you most care about from across
the City’s website into one central location. My Dashboard utilizes drag and drop functionality as well as
the use of widgets to help you decide which departmental news flash, calendar, FAQ’s, etc. you would
like to see as soon as you long in!
• Notify Me: This feature further improves our communication efforts by giving citizens the ability to
subscribe to email and/or text message notifications. Whether its the Civic Center and Opera House
Calendar, the Holiday Sanitation Schedule, or Leisure Services’ press releases, you decide which areas
you would like to receive electronic notifications from when items are added or modified.
• Community Connections: With this feature, citizens can create online groups in order to share
information about common areas of interest! Here are just a few examples of the kinds of groups that
could be created: community watch groups by subdivision, recreation team or sports groups, Economic
Summit on Jobs participant groups, etc.
• Community Voice: Citizens can use this feature to share ideas on initiatives such as community
activity ideas, economic development ideas, housing & neighborhood enhancements, infrastructure &
environment improvements, quality of life improvements, or suggest a new initiative.
• Healthy City: This feature allows citizens to keep an online diary of their healthy activities! As we strive
to become a healthier city through diet and exercise, residents can also chart any changes in weight,
blood pressure, body mass index, etc.
Along with the My Connections feature, the new website provides citizens with the following enhanced online tools:
• Citizen Help Center: On every page of the website, citizens can access the Citizen Help Center to pay
their Dothan Utilities bill, report a concern, or access the Notify Me and My Dashboard features.
• Calendar Feeds: The new City calendar is divided into various categories: Leisure Services, Commission
Meetings, etc. Each calendar can be imported into any personal computer or smartphone calendar
application that uses the iCal format. Sample programs that use the iCal format include Microsoft
Outlook, Apple iCal, Google Calendar, and most smartphone desktop applications. When you subscribe
to a particular calendar, you can then choose to let your personal calendar automatically update
whenever new items are added to the website calendar.
• How Do I: As one of the four main navigation buttons, this option is available across the top of every
page for citizens to easily access areas of the website that are most searched by citizens.
• Dynamic Page Components: Resident can more easily find the exact information they are looking for
through the creation of event calendars, FAQs, news flashes, and quick links for individual departments
within the city.
• Alert Centers: In the event of an emergency (severe weather conditions, major power outages, etc.) all
pages of the website will flash an emergency alert across the top of the page. With the Notify Me feature,
residents can sign-up to receive text and/or email notifications when alerts are posted.
• RSS Feeds: Real Simple Syndication is a way of bringing our site to the people rather than requiring
people to come to the site on their own to find out new information.
• Staff Directory: The new staff directory provides citizens with detailed contact information for City staff
and various departments.
“We are excited about the enhancements to public services, information and ease of navigation that the new website provides our customers,” said City Manager Mike West. “Our new website is consistent with our continued efforts to provide the best access, responsiveness and quality customer service to residents, businesses and visitors.”
|Get the ingredients you need to cook with Rach all week long.|
|Full length exclusive concerts from hot artists.|
|Take a break!
Classic Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids and more.
Sell almost anything locally.