'Bama Belles' Canceled

The Bama Belles, a reality show based out of Dothan, is being cancelled.

According to cast member and producer Amie Pollard, TLC will not continue with a second season of "Bama Belles" and is still deciding whether to air the third episode.

It's currently not listed on TLC's schedule for this coming Sunday.

Pollard told fans on Facebook that they're not giving up on the show and are hoping it draws the attention of another network.

• by Tiff Location: Bama on Apr 7, 2011 at 06:44 AM
    I'm sorry to hear this show is canceled. I am a Bama Belle myself and I am in no way offended by the show. I loved it to be honest. I fish, I hunt, I ride four wheelers... never lawn mower raced but it sounds fun. :) Stop calling this a disgrace and try it. Your uptight self just might have fun. Here's to hoping we see this show return.
  • by JH Location: Pike Road on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    I am a Bama Belle - I am so glad that this show has been cancelled. I was embarrassed that my friends in the North would think that this was real. Men in my family hunt and eat what they harvest. But "Lawn Mower Racing" - I had never heard of that until I watched this show. I actually know one of the ladies in the show and thought she showed poor taste in being a part of this. I suspect her former employer thought the same thing and that is why she didn't get the permanent postion....
  • by Michael Location: Huntsville on Mar 20, 2011 at 06:02 PM
    I have to agree with Gorf. This show was absolute lunacy. These women are white trash with strong accents and terrible mannerisms. They speak poorly of every person who has to call Alabama home. If you ever wonder why Alabamians are the target of so many jokes and generalizations, it is because we allow people like this to speak on TV. Most people think of trailers and tornadoes when they think of Alabama, this is why.
  • by Kay Location: West Branch, Iowa on Mar 1, 2011 at 09:25 AM
    Why was Bama Belles canceled?!?!?! I loved that show! Who do you survey to determine what shows are canceled?
  • by ashley Location: california on Feb 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    I am so disappointed that this show has been cancelled. I loved all the Real Housewives shows but I was born and raised (until I married a Naval Officer) in Mobile, Al...the large metropolitan area close to Dothan....LOL. Being a Navy Family, I miss Alabama and I loved this show, immediately, I felt a connection and laughed the entire show. I don't hunt but my whole family did and we loved venison (deer meat). Please, Please, Please bring back this show. I felt like they were my sisters. Out here in California, my boss calls me Miss Alabama and I wear that name with pride. The people that were complaining are probably holy rolling hypocrits that don't have anything better to do. I loved it. I only got to see two shows. It even came on after we normally go to bed and I stayed up on Sunday night just to watch it. Roll Tide Roll.
  • by J Location: Florida on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    Shame it's off the air people need to stop taking things so seriously. It was a TV show if you believe in everything you see, read & hear your an idiot! Bring the damm show back!!!!! Get over it....
  • by Mackenzie Marden Location: Dothan on Jan 20, 2011 at 07:13 PM
    I just moved to Dothan from Mid-Minnesota where I lived for the past 4 years literally 3 weeks ago. People in Dothan are extremely upset just by the mention of this show. To be frank: these women played up their lifestyle for money. I'm sure all of the other Housewives shows have the same problem. I actually know one of the women and her son; they're very kind, normal people. So, in conclusion, I understand why the good people of Dothan didn't appreciate the negative stereotypes quickly sprouting from this stupid show. It's just trash tv anyway, soon enough you'll all forget about it when they premiere Housewives of New Orleans or some ridiculous thing. Also, fun fact: the people from the show are still being generally shunned by the public.
  • by km Location: al on Jan 19, 2011 at 08:38 PM
    it was ok i found funny mean give bama some kinda show i mean we got the real housewife wh*res but nothing here o well i mean yea the image bad still people are gonna talk bad about the south til the end of time so its whatever get over it if dont like it dont act like them
  • by Anonymous on Jan 16, 2011 at 04:37 PM
    The people who think Bama Belles was a disgrace to Southern women are crazy and don't know how to laugh. The show doesn't say ALL SOUTHERN WOMEN are like this. Bama Belles is a show people can laugh at, not so people can be offended. There are plenty of shows that show way more offending things to other states and you don't see those shows being taken off the air. So to all you goody goody people turn the channel.
  • by Funny Location: Florida on Jan 16, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    Horrible, horrible show. Glad it's cancelled. Sucked so bad! Aimee has a Napoleon complex or something. I hope it knocked her off her pedestal! I have news for her about her husband. She thinks she's hot but he's looking elsewhere! Surprised he didn't try to put the moves on those other skanks...or did he?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112029994 - wtvy.com/a?a=112029994