NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Two BP rig supervisors charged with manslaughter in the death of 11 workers on the Deepwater Horizon will go on trial in 2014.
U.S. District Judge Stanwood Duval Jr. has put off the trial of Robert Kaluza and Donald Vidrine until Jan. 13, 2014. They're accused of disregarding high pressure readings that should have been indications of trouble before BP's well blowout.
Prosecutors said they expect to provide more than a million pages of information to the defense. Defense lawyers said they needed more time to prepare for the trial, which had been scheduled Feb. 5.
The judge's action was made public Tuesday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.