Possible Pet Poisoning in Anniston, AL

ANNISTON, Ala. (AP) - Residents of an Anniston neighborhood say almost a half-dozen pets have died on their street in the past week, and they suspect the animals may have been poisoned.

Brenda McLarty took to the street with a picket sign on Tuesday and her son, Brent, posted a warning sign in the yard after two cats became ill and died on the porch of the duplex where they live.

Neighbors say shortly after the two cats died, two more became sick and died at a nearby duplex, and two dogs became ill. Witnesses say the animals exhibited symptoms that included seizures and convulsions.

Veterinarian Jackson Walker says the symptoms are consistent with what happens to animals that swallow antifreeze or rat poison.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 97972719 - wtvy.com/a?a=97972719
Gray Television, Inc.