Fire Destroys Dothan Home

By: Tim Elliott Email
By: Tim Elliott Email

Dothan firefighters were busy battling a blaze Friday morning.
A home on Linden Street caught fire around 9:30 Friday morning.

Authorities say there was only one person in the house at the time and she was able to get out safely.

The house was fully involved at one point, with heavy smoke and flames visible.

The home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage.

“The occupant stated that she had put some stuff on the stove and walked off and left it unattended and then when she come back, she had a working fire,” said H.B. Knight, Battalion Chief with the Dothan Fire Dept.

Firefighters want to remind people that when cooking, never leave the kitchen unattended.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 91087364 - wtvy.com/a?a=91087364
Gray Television, Inc.