Dothan firefighters were busy battling a blaze Friday morning.
A home on Linden Street caught fire around 9:30 Friday morning.
Authorities say there was only one person in the house at the time and she was able to get out safely.
The house was fully involved at one point, with heavy smoke and flames visible.
The home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage.
“The occupant stated that she had put some stuff on the stove and walked off and left it unattended and then when she come back, she had a working fire,” said H.B. Knight, Battalion Chief with the Dothan Fire Dept.
Firefighters want to remind people that when cooking, never leave the kitchen unattended.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.