Authorities today carried out simultaneous raids at a handful of Jefferson County bingo halls.
Teams of agents with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation hit facilities in the Birmingham Division of Jefferson County.
The raids followed a weekend of undercover operations at the bingo halls, authorities said.
Officers were expected to make arrests and seize the machines.
Jefferson County District Attorney Brandon Falls said last month that the electronic bingo halls are illegal and the operations could face criminal prosecution. Falls has said his stance on electronic bingo is unchanged despite some halls reopening around the state.
''Electronic bingo is still illegal,'' Falls said in a previous interview. ''I'm surprised that anyone in the state has opened.''
The warrants are being served at these locations:
• Charity Bingo/Community Network Association Inc., 2501 Commerce Circle, Tarrant
• Bingo G2, Inc., 8833 Alabama Highway 79, Pinson
• Roebuck Elks Lodge No. 2123, 804 Gadsden Highway, Birmingham
• Grayson Valley Bingo, 1251 Grayson Valley Parkway, Trussville
• Morris Youth Association Charity Bingo, 3208 Decatur Highway, Gardendale
(Birmingham News/Linda Stelter)