HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - Huntsville police have arrested a woman
for manufacturing methamphetamine when her Mahogany Row apartment caught fire.
Authorities said 29-year-old Megan Slater's apartment was
apparently set ablaze after a candle tipped over Wednesday.
Huntsville police Sgt. Mark Roberts said firefighters discovered
the meth lab after putting out the fire.
Roberts said this is the third meth lab discovered on Mahogany
Row in the past year.
None of the labs were found in properties owned by the Huntsville Housing Authority, which purchased several units on that street last year.
No injuries were reported in the blaze, which is believed to have started on the top floor.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.