ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (AP) - A family of six has been hospitalized
with carbon monoxide poisoning after a heater switch in their home
The Orange Beach Fire Department said the malfunction allowed
the odorless gas to fill the family's home overnight.
Battalion Chief Kevin Landford said firefighters and paramedics
arrived at residence just before 7 a.m. Tuesday to discover the
adults in the household showing symptoms of carbon monoxide
Rescuers had special cardiac monitors and defibrillators to
assess patients for exposure to carbon monoxide and treatment was
initiated at the house.
Landford said all but the youngest child showed symptoms and the
entire family was eventually taken by ambulance to South Baldwin
Regional Medical Center in Foley.
Information from: Press-Register,
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.