SHEFFIELD, Ala. (AP) - A man severely burned in a house fire has
died from his injuries.
Authorities say 49-year-old Charles Butler of Sheffield died
Monday in the burn unit of a Birmingham hospital.
Sheffield Fire Marshal Terry Lenz said Butler was burned over
much of his body in the fire at his home Sunday. Lenz said
authorities have determined a fire in a fireplace ignited carpet
and spread through the house.
Lenz said a woman, 20-year-old Brittany Brewer, escaped the
house with her son, 2-year-old Caden Brewer. They were not injured.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.