DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) - Houston County Coroner Robert Byrd says a
61-year-old woman has died of heatstroke in her hotel room.
Byrd said Gayle Nash Moeur was found unresponsive in her hotel
room Saturday night at Choice Inn by another resident.
She was taken to Southeast Alabama Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Byrd said a doctor told him her body temperature on arrival was
108 degrees, leading him to conclude the cause of death was
He said a complete toxicology is being done.
He said her room at the hotel had air conditioning, but it wasn't turned on when she was found.
Temperatures have been in the 90s in the Dothan area.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.