ALPINE, Ala. (AP) - A fire that destroyed a church in the Alpine
community of Talladega County has been blamed on an electrical
State Fire Marshal Ed Paulk said Tuesday the fire at Saint
Campbell Missionary Baptist Church appears to have been caused by
an overloaded extension cord in the kitchen area.
Richard Fair, who has served as pastor for 20 years, said the
church was "not salvageable." But Fair said nobody was injured in
the Monday night fire.
About 15 fire departments responded. After getting the blaze
under control, the trucks ran out of water and the fire regained
momentum. Firefighters then pumped and shuttled water from a fire
hydrant on an adjacent road.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.